This program aims at further training the engineer, now trainee in the aspect of fiber optics home, curb, etc. networking, design, and installation which includes PON networks. This certificate program is practically trained within a duration of 2 weeks with all the necessary infrastructure for successful connectivity.
The certificate awarded is an International certificate from FOA, after the examination. Due to the practical nature of this training, engineers who undergo this training will be able to implement knowledge in FTTx to their current projects and new ones to come.
Duration: 4 hours daily for two (2) weeks
Monday – Friday: 8am – 12pm
Monday – Friday: 1pm- 5pm
Monday – Friday: 6pm-9pm & Saturday: 8am-12pm
- What is FTTx? – Fiber to the “x” – home, premises, curb, node, etc.
- FTTx Overview
- Exploring Network architectures used in FTTx, specifications, advantages/disadvantages
- How to implement FTTx “triple-play” system
- Understanding FTTx standards ( BPON, GPON, EPON, RFOG, etc.)
- How to plan, design, and install a FTTx project
- How to test FTTx installations, especially PONs
- Introduction to FTTx
- Introduction to GPON Architecture
- Practical introduction to OPGW/ADSS and drop cables
- Practical training on home pass
- Fiber optics cable splicing on FAT.
- Usage of dead ends and I-Bolts, ATB termination and ONT, etc.